What a year.
And it’s easy to say that it’s been the absolutely toughest one for me so far. I’m not quite ready to talk about it yet, as I feel like a deep wound is just about to heal, but needs some more time to just be.
It’s also been a great year in so many ways, which I keep forgetting.
So, what has happened?
- I joined a chocolate company, created a brand around it called kAAKAO, things fell apart and I ended up taking over the business at the end of August this year. We’re launching at the end of January in the UK, more information here. (Picture from a large retailer where I decided to check out what the demo bars will look like on the shelf.
- During a business seminar I got to listen to one of my biggest idols, Tony Robbins, in Texas, USA. Yes, he is that good and THAT BIG in real life.
- I got certified by Clickfunnels, a very cool American company that uses a software platform to create landing pages and websites and everything you need to market and sell stuff online. I created our kAAKAO website using the platform. And you’ll see some more marketing magic soon..
- I was mentally paralysed between May and August – barely getting by…
- …during which time my best friend came on a 911 visit and we checked into a spa, where we slept, wept, ate, tried all the pools and saunas, laughed, talked and I came back to London feeling more like myself
- Luckily I found my own place in May (how’s that for timing?), so I poured all the energy I had left into renovating it and moved in at the end of June. There’s nothing like home.
- A friend of my brother, George, came on board kAAKAO and helped me turn things around. Things are always more fun and productive when working in a team.
Let’s see what the last 28 days have in store for all of us! The main thing is to keep a positive mindset.